Friday, September 2, 2011

Week Update

Happy Friday everyone! I have no excuse for my lack of posting this week other than I'm still adjusting to my new schedule. So please excuse my randomness of this post!


We went to another fair this week and now I think I'm all set on fairs until next summer. I managed to leave only having eaten a steak and cheese sandwich, hot dog and fried dough. Jack loved the animals and rides, especially the train ride. He didn't want to get off.

.....

August came to a close and I'm feeling good so far with my training for the Leaf Peepers Half Marathon. I closed the month with five, six and four mile runs, closing the month with a 117 mile total. It felt good to have my mileage back up after last month's low.

Melissa and I have another early morning long run planned for tomorrow (leaving a tad earlier this time because my yoga class has moved to 8:45 instead of 9:10). After a long week I'm ready to run long!

Looking forward through September, I'm hoping to get 2 or 3 more good long runs in and then taper before the half. I started the month yesterday with a five mile run with my mom, Tom and Jack along the Ti Path in Shelburne and it was such a nice, relaxing run.

Side note, my Garmin has been seriously acting up. Grrr. Sometimes the buttons and/or bezel are unresponsive and I can't seem to find any sort of solution. One minute the bezel is working, and the next minute it's not- same with the buttons. Ugh! Have any of you Garmin users had any sort of problem like this?

.....

On Wednesday night I tried a new yoga class. It wasn't the instructor I was expecting to have, but it was a nice, realizing class. I was ready for a more vigorous session but the gentle movements were a welcome change. I definitely plan to go back to this studio- they have a beautiful space.

.....

No comments:

Post a Comment