Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another Runner

Hi friends! Hope you all are having a good week. I've been having a great week, thanks in part to my new addiction: white chocolate (dreams? I think) peanut butter. OMG.. Amazing. Adam was giving me a hard time about the fat and calories.. Well I looked it up: it actually has less fat and calories than most peanut butters, so I'm good to go (not that fat and calories ever stopped me before). The other night I mixed a scoopful with chocolate gelato. A-maz-ing.

I've been trying to keep my milage up this week, and have had a six mile solo run, and five and four milers with J in the jogger. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow so I think J and I might celebrate the weekend by going on a longer run on our favorite path. Today's run, the four mile with J, was tough. I felt like I started strong but was definitely struggling by the end. I guess it was just one of those days. I'm glad I ran though- never regretted a run. Another runner today applauded me for running with the jogger- he said he used to run with his daughter and misses it. Even though it's so much harder running while pushing 60+ pounds, I know when he's bigger I'll miss it. I just get so sentimental thinking about how we can share running- it's time that we spend that's devoted to just us. I hope J will look back fondly on his miles spent with me. Hopefully, though, by the time he's too big to be pushed, he'll be running alongside me instead.

2 comments:

  1. obsessed with the white chocolate peanut butter. Have you tried the bees knees one or the dark chocolate. DON"T you will get highly addicted to it and start to shake when you are without it for a day! TRUST ME! Cannot wait for our run tomorrow. We are killing it with the mileage this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like white chocolates, but it's not my obsession. I better eat the dark one. :D

    ReplyDelete