Sunday, September 18, 2011

13 Years and Still Going Strong

Trains in Shoes


 Why do the weekends go by so fast? I think trains in shoes pretty much sums up our weekend!

First of all, I want to congratulate my running sister, Melissa, on completing her first ultra-relay! No big deal, a team of 10 runners covering 200 miles in 24 hours. Melissa, I am so proud of you. Next up, 26.2!

I woke up Saturday morning with 14 miles on tap before yoga. Long story short, I wimped out. I would have to be running in the dark for 1 1/2 hours at least (darn sunrise at 6:30) and with no head lamp, doing this solo scared me a little bit. I ended up pushing the run to the early evening on Saturday and completed 13.1 miles. I ran from my mom's house and headed downtown, making a pit stop at my grandparent's before heading back to Mama's.

It was a LONG run. I didn't listen to any music and tried to focus on my breath and footsteps. I ended up focusing on the drunk college kids stumbling around Burlington. It was Saturday night, after all. I thought about my runs with Melissa, and about the runs she completed during the last 24 hours. If she could run 9 miles uphill at 4 am, I could do this.

And now... taper. I'm ready for it!

.....

Adam, Jack and I were able to spend some time with my {best} friend {forever} Caitlin, her husband Josh, and their two little boys, Sawyer and Shamus. It was so nice to get all of us together, even if just for a couple of hours. We definitely need to do this more often.




I have a feeling Caitlin and I are going get some payback from these two during their teenage years. They already look like they're up to something.



Caitlin and I have been best friends since we met in 1998 and now, it's so fun to see our boys together. I'm so lucky to have her in my life, and to share this motherhood ride with. And even when the boys are older and don't want to hang with their mamas anymore, I know she'll be there, ready to tear up the dance floor with me (not that we don't still do that now).

No comments:

Post a Comment