Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's Hard

Do you ever feel like the weekend just leaves you more tired? That's how I feel. I try to get so many things done in two little days and by the time Sunday night rolls around, all I want to do is watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians (works out well that it airs Sunday nights) and have a glass of wine.

Having an almost-two-year-old is hard. Jack is such a sweet little boy, but he is busy, non-stop. By the time he's ready for bed, I'm ready for bed, too. Last night I stayed up a little too late to feed my alone time craving. My friend, Becca, wrote an interesting post about "alone time," and since I read it, it's been on my mind. I haven't run much this week either, so I think that in itself is contributing to this craving.

.....



Jack started "school" last week. It's an infant / toddler program but I'm calling it school, I guess because it's at a school (the same school I am at). The first day went well, the second day... not so much. He didn't want to go into the classroom the moment we got there because he knew I was going to leave. I played with him for a little while but then it was time to go, I said my goodbyes and the tears started. Not just tears- sobs. It broke my heart.

I peeked in during lunch and he didn't look too happy. I held back from going in, knowing saying goodbye a second time in one day would be a bad idea. When I picked him up at the end of the day he had just woken up from a nap and seemed fine. I'm just so worried that he's not going to like it, not play with the other kids, not like me for leaving him there.

He's only been twice, so I know I need to give it more time. The only thing that bums me out is his drinking situation- both days I packed him a cup of juice and a cup of milk, and both days he hasn't had any. They are both still full, in his lunch box when I pick him up. J is a child who loves milk, loves juice, loves water. He would live off a liquid diet if we let him. On Friday when we were leaving he was crying for juice, and drank both the milk and juice within five minutes. I think next week I will leave his cup out so hopefully he can grab it when he's thirsty instead of waiting for it to be given to him.

And I know I'm just being the overprotective mother, and that he'll do fine. I'm just hoping this week goes better. Friday was a long day knowing he was only a few hundred feet away, crying for me.

This motherhood stuff is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment