Monday, January 2, 2012

Relax



This was Jack, in all his glory, on Christmas morning. He could have cared less about any present that didn't involve Thomas the Train. Adam set up the trains and tracks on Christmas Eve so when Jack came downstairs in the morning, it would be all set. The look on his face was priceless.




Even though I was ready to reclaim our living room- you can see the train set in the middle of the room- I felt sad taking down the tree and Christmas decorations this year. I feel like I was so behind the ball on Christmas this year, that by the time it was Christmas Day I was into the spirit and ready for the holiday music... and then it was done. Everyone was over it and I was just getting started.



How cute are these PJs? I wanted to start a new tradition of having new pajamas laid out on Christmas morning for every family member to put on and get cozy cozy before opening presents. Being the procrastinator I am, I waited too long to try to find red flannel pjs for Jack (the ones I really wanted from Pottery Barn Kids were sold out). Luckily (still two weeks before Christmas) I found some from the Company Store and when ordering them, was assured they would arrive in time. Nope, they came on December 29th. Tsk, tsk, Company Store. I was going to send them back, you know, to make a point... but they are just so cute we have to keep them.

.....

It's a new year, which means new goals, right? I barely hit 1000 miles for 2011, closing December with 34 miles. My running goal for now is to run as long as I can, no matter how slow I have to go. I ran five miles yesterday and three today, and both runs felt great. My mother-in-law gave me a new pair of Mizunos for Christmas so it's felt great to run in new kicks (still the Wave Elixer).

I definitely need to invest in some more supportive running bras, though. The ones I have aren't cutting it. Anyone have any suggestions for a D-er? I forgot how big they get so quickly during pregnancy.

I had my first ultrasound, and yep, there's a baby in there. I'm just about 13 weeks along, and I can see a bump starting to form. I've heard you show much quicker with subsequent pregnancies, and that seems to be holding true. I'm still wearing all my regular clothes, and though jeans are getting a little tight, the Bella Band should take care of that (or wrapping a hair elastic through the button and loop).

Overall, I'm feeling nice and healthy. I think being active and getting outside helps not only with my physical well being but also my mental. I remember around this time when I was pregnant with Jack I was feeling so down on myself. I felt like I looked fat and bloated, not pregnant. I need to remember to do things for me- including buying more maternity clothes. Last time around I bought only a handful of items, and lived in a single pair of Old Navy maternity yoga pants. For a clothing lover like me, what I wear definitely affects my mood.

My next midwife appointment is on the 14th, and I'm going to try my very best not to weigh myself until then. I've been a little paranoid about stepping on the scale lately- and I know that has to stop. I'm so worried I'm going to gain too much, or not gain enough. I need to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment