Thursday, January 19, 2012

15 Weeks

I hit 15 weeks pregnant this week, and I'm feeling great. According to Baby Center, the baby is about the size of an apple. I've run three times: three, six and four miles, and practiced yoga twice. It really feels good to be active (even though spending my day with 26 five and six year olds feels active enough some days), and now that my belly is starting to show, I feel comfortable wearing my tight Lululemon again (I hopefully look pregnant now, not just thick-waisted).

Before and even during the time I was pregnant with Jack, I thought pregnant women working out were crazy. Now I know that in moderation and through adjustments, exercise is good for mom and baby. My running has changed in that I'm doing more runs on the treadmill. I would love to run outside, but the sidewalks and bikepath are so icy and slippery that I can't risk falling. I'm also skipping all yoga poses that require me to be on my belly. I can still sleep on my belly, but locust and bow just don't feel right. I did go into headstand today (with wall support), and it felt great!

.....

I started to tell people at work, and after a student remarked that I "looked pregnant," I've told the kids at school. A certain student told me that I "didn't look fat yet," which I took to be a compliment.

The morning after I found out I was pregnant, I went to school and a girl in my class said, "Mrs. Stoner, you're pregnant." I didn't know what to say- I didn't want to deny it, and jinx anything, but I also didn't want to confirm it. I laughed it off, and she kept insisting and finally the conversation was done. Well, today when she found out I really was pregnant, she asked me why I told her I wasn't when she asked. The teacher came up with a really great answer, saying Mrs. Stoner didn't lie, she just couldn't tell you yet because sometimes people have surprises that they need to keep secret for a little while. I think the answer worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment