Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tool Time

I taught yoga this morning to a full house. I love it when class is full- I thrive off the energy of the people and it makes class so much more fun. A woman after class asked if I "had something going on down there," while pointing to my stomach. I was a little confused at first, then I realized she was trying to politely ask if I was pregnant. I told her, yes, I do have "something going on down there."

I haven't worked out at the gym since my membership expired last spring, and since I don't get a free membership for teaching one class a week, I've been reluctant to renew because it's so expensive. I just found out that through school I can join at a great group rate- much better than the "employee discounted" rate the gym itself offered me. So after class I decided to run on the treadmill- first treadmill run in nine months. And it was just as I remember it- boring as hell. But, I listened to Pandora which made it much less dread full. Side note, I just discovered Pandora. I'm so behind the ball (Adam's says I'm like molasses) on most things trend related (I still wear Uggs). It's awesome! Where I'm going with this, is that it's amazing how motivating music can be. A certain song can come on, and it just gives me that extra kick and motivation. Such a great feeling. I completed four miles, in about 40 minutes and was able to sing along to the songs (sorry fellow treadmill users) so I know I kept a safe pace.

The guy taking photos of himself working out was also a nice distraction. I forgot how many toolboxes there are at the gym.

.....

Adam's parents gave us a new camera for Christmas, and I've been trying to figure it out. Here are some test shots I took the day after Christmas.


Adam's grandfather, Jack's great-grandfather- Pop. He came to visit from Pennsylvania.




I'm going to attempt to take Jack to the barbershop for a haircut today. I'm a little scared- I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I think running on a treadmill is boring too. www.dashingdiva.net

    ReplyDelete