Sunday, January 29, 2012

Running Weather

Lucky for runners (bad for skiers) we've had a mild winter. This past week has been especially balmy. With the sidewalks clear I've been able to take advantage of it with runs outside. On Thursday, Jack and I went for a four mile run and it felt so great! Running with the jogger is no joke, as I've said before, but my legs and lungs felt strong. My Garmin was dead so I have no idea of what kind of (snail) pace I was running.

Post- run: Excuse the beanie, I know I look like a dork but I love it

Today while Jack was napping at my mom's, my intention was to head to the gym but because it was so nice out I took it outdoors again. I ran five miles and stayed around a 10:30 pace. I kept feeling myself wanting to push it a little harder, and when I got passed by another runner it took a lot of energy not to try to keep up. My legs weren't feeling as fresh today, I think it was the warrior sequence from yoga yesterday. That can be killer. Today I'm feeling really thankful that almost 17 weeks into this pregnancy I'm still running.

As of now I'm currently fasting in preparation for my three hour glucose test tomorrow. I'll go in in the morning, drink the orange (maybe tomorrow I'll try the fruit punch) liquid, and then get my blood drawn at 1, 2 and 3 hours. Nothing other than water is allowed and I'm already thinking about food and how much I'll miss my (half caf) coffee in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. You look SOOO cute. and I miss you. AND NEED TO HEAR ABOUT THE NEW BUNDLE ON THE WAY!!!! I cant stalk you on fb anymore so I am officially stalking your blog for updates. And you have a birthday this month too. CALL ME xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete