Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Long Run

On Sunday I planned on getting a long-ish run in. I've been very wary to run outside, even with my Yak-Traks, because of the ice and snow, so I headed to the gym. I'm loving having a membership again. I was lucky to find an open treadmill, and used my trick of signing up with two different names to get around the 45 minute time limit.

I ended up running seven miles, and it felt great (albeit slow). I drank Nuun throughout the run and ate several honey stinger chews around mile four. It felt so good to do a longer run. I'm anxious for spring (I know, it's just the start of winter) so I can take my runs outside again.

.....

In other pregnancy news, I had the 1 hour glucose test for gestational diabetes yesterday. Usually the test is taken around 25 weeks, but they wanted me to do it because Jack was so large at birth (10 pounds, 10 ounces)- apparently it's called macrosomia.

I didn't have gestational diabetes with Jack so I wasn't really concerned this time around, but the midwife called today to tell me that I failed the test. my blood sugar levels were elevated, and now I have to go in for the three hour test, which involves fasting, going to the lab and drinking the sugar water, and then getting blood taken at 1,2 and 3 hours. Ugh.

Fingers crossed it comes back negative. The midwife told me today that I should avoid sugar and sweets, which, as we all know (well, anyone who knows me) this is probably a good idea anyway. I have a very large sweet tooth and this is just the sort of reason to curb my cravings.

.....

And just for fun, here's a pic of me at my baby shower when I was pregnant with Jack. I was about seven months pregnant at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment