Monday, March 12, 2012

Six Miles

We drove to Pennsylvania this weekend for the services for Adam's Pop. The pastor said we aren't saying goodbye to him, we're saying "See you later," which I think is a nice way to think about it. It was nice to see Adam's entire family on his dad's side- aunts, uncles, cousins. All 25+ of us stayed in the same house which made for a loud and sometimes rowdy but nice weekend. It's too bad it takes a death to bring everyone together sometimes.

After sitting in the car for over 16 hours in just a couple days, my legs needed a good shaking out. This afternoon I headed out for a run, planning on doing six miles. Adam was home, so I was in no hurry. It was a hilly route, heading up Dorset Street to Vermont National Golf Course (basically two miles uphill) and looping back around. I didn't set any speed records, but I'm happy to report that I ran the entire time and finished the miles in just over an hour (1:01). The weather was beautiful, almost 60 degrees and sunny. With nice weather predicted for the rest of the week, I'm looking forward to more runs like this (but maybe not quite so long).

No comments:

Post a Comment