Thursday, April 26, 2012

It Was A Good Day

It's been two years since my little bff had surgery to repair his right kidney (more on that here).

Waiting in Pre-Op
He regularly has follow-up ultrasounds and visits with his surgeon which will continue until he's five years old, and up until now results have mixed. Last October's scan showed little to no improvement in the swelling of his kidney and a lack of growth in both kidneys. Today was another ultrasound day and I'm happy to report that everything looks good. The doctor told us swelling is down and even though Jack's kidneys will never be 100%, he said if they stay the way they are right now, he'd be pleased. "See you in a year" were the best words to hear.

I need to remember this day. When my stress and anxiety is getting a little out of control, I just need to take a deep breath and be thankful my baby is healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment