Wednesday, April 25, 2012

29 Weeks

Today is the 29 week mark of pregnancy! I thought I would do weekly recaps and pictures but clearly that never happened. I've felt really good during this pregnancy, but the one thing I can't help but remark is how different it is than when I was pregnant with Jack.




This photo was taken a month before I had Jack. At this point, I had gained a lot of weight and was feeling pretty miserable. I remember at the end being so incredibly anxious that I just couldn't focus on anything. Now, being pregnant with a two-year-old, I feel bad that I'm not focusing on my pregnancy as much. My focus is on the many other things I need to do everyday.

There were a few complications during pregnancy with Jack that caused me to have many visits to the doctor and midwives. I'm thankful (knock on wood) that there have been no such issues so far. My pregnancy brain is freaking me out though, causing me to believe that something will go wrong because nothing has gone wrong yet. My current thread of worry involves my next door neighbor (who doesn't particularly like me) who just happens to be a labor and delivery nurse. I've been up at night worrying that she will get assigned to me and then proceed with sabotage.

I'm finding my worries (whether rational or irrational) are often dissipated with exercise. Endorphins make you happy (maybe that's why my neighbor is so unhappy).

I'm also getting really excited to find out if it's a boy or girl. I can't believe I was able to resist the urge to find out and that it will be a surprise. At first I felt like I just KNEW it was a girl, and now I'm thinking it's a boy. It's one or the other, right?

Since I have no real theme for this post, here's a recap of pregnancy up until now:

Feeling: Physically great, emotionally up and down
Weight gain: 20 pounds
Cravings: No real cravings, and no real aversions- but really, really ready for a Switchback
Wearing: All maternity clothes and non maternity workout clothes- they're VERY tight
Running: Slowing down big time

In  other news, after a seven month hiatus, I rejoined facebook today. I'm not really sure why, but within five minutes, I remembered why I left to begin with. I'll see how long I last.

No comments:

Post a Comment