Saturday, August 17, 2013

Marathon Training Week 10

Here's a quick little update on last week's (almost two weeks ago now, oops) marathon training:

  • Monday: I had the day off from work but was fighting a cold that came on after Saturday's long run so I took the day off from running. Much needed.
  • Tuesday: Still not feeling so hot at all, took another needed rest day.
  • Wednesday: Went back at it with a 4 mile run at lunch with work friends then did another 4 that night with Alice in the jogger.
  • Thursday: Reformer Pilates
  • Friday: 6.5 miles solo before work. It was POURING and I contemplated using the treadmill but when I got to work they were all in use so I was forced to go outside. I had 8 scheduled but got a late start so I needed to get back to the office. But then I was mad at myself for not at least just making it 7.
  • Saturday: 17 miles!!! It was awesome and gave me a major confidence boost.
  • Sunday: Rest
So there's week 10. The Highs: An awesome long run, successful two-a-day. The Lows: Getting sick (but feeling better by the end of the week was a high) and a lower mileage week than I would have liked. Here's to week 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment