Friday, July 19, 2013

Marathon Training Week 6

Week 6 of Marathon training served as a mini recovery week from the Half Marathon on Sunday.
  • Monday: Rest
    I was so sore from the race the previous day!
  • Tuesday: 3.11 mile run before work. I've been coming in early to get my runs in because it's been so hot and it has been working out pretty well.
  • Wednesday: 5 mile run before work
  • Thursday: Taught yoga in the am and 3 miles at the end of the day. Damn it was hot a five o'clock.
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: 6 miles in the morning with Alice in the jogger
  • Sunday: Taught yoga in the am and skipped my scheduled 9 mile run because it had gotten way too hot by the time I could head out.
It was definitely a low mileage week, reaching only 17 miles. It's probably best, though to get that proper recovery time from the half. I had planned to move the run from Sunday to Monday, but spoiler alert, it didn't happen. I was beating myself up about it but I need to remember missing one run is okay. It's not like it was one of the 20 milers. I've shifted my schedule starting this week (7) so that my running days are now Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. This way I don't have to try to fit two runs in on the weekend, and can do an easy run with the kiddos one day if I feel like it. It was really good to get two days of yoga in this week and it reminded me how much I needed it. Here's to week 7 (as of now I only have one more run of the week left - a 14 miler - eek)!

No comments:

Post a Comment