Saturday, April 6, 2013

#solesisters

Running friends are the best friends. To say I was in an unpleasant mood this morning is an understatement. Getting up before sunrise on less than three hours of sleep and I'm not looking or feeling so hot.

My car was supposed to get the winter tires taken off this morning and the dealership is right near Melissa's so the plan was to run 14 with her. After the rough night, I texted her this morning saying I still wanted to run but wasn't sure how many miles I had in me - most likely not the 14 we planned. She was still on board. I ended up canceling my appointment (forgot to get the tires out of storage and doing this task at 7 am was clearly too much work), packing up the jogger and bringing my sleepless baby with me.

Melissa, Sirius, Alice and I headed out for a 7 mile loop and within the first mile my attitude had turned around. We ended up completing 8 slow and steady miles in the cool sunshine. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing friend and the runs are so much more than just running. If I wasn't meeting her, I would not have gotten out of the house this morning. She's there through good days and bad and everything in between. #soulsisters


2 comments: