Saturday, April 20, 2013

peace

I had every intention of writing up a post-race recap after last weekend's half marathon. I ran a tough race, in many ways much harder mentally than physically. Then April 15 happened. My 2:07:50 non-PR was inconsequential and writing a full post recapping my crappy race felt stupid. Alice and I ran five miles today through Shelburne Farms. It was quiet, peaceful and meditative. Reflecting on the the past week and trying to make sense of why things like this happen. A supportive and welcoming community, runners spread peace.

1 comment:

  1. sorry you had a hard race, those races that test you mentally can be so draining. I don't think it is stupid to recap a crappy race, rather reflective and provides opportunity for improvement.

    Runners are awesome.

    ReplyDelete