Sunday, April 28, 2013

A New Record

Today I ran 14 miles - a personal distance record for me. I've been pretty down about running since the Unplugged half marathon. I was talking to Adam about it and he was asking me why I started running in the first place. Above all else, running for me is extremely therapeutic and lately I've gotten away from that part of it. The run today was a nice time to just be alone and run without worrying about pace or anything else. I also really love running with the jogger. Before Alice came along, Jack and I spent so many miles together. Yesterday Jack and Alice joined me for five miles, and as tough as it is to push 60+ pounds, it's so rewarding. I think taking steps to making running less serious will help my mentality toward the sport. My mom and I are doing a relay next weekend and each leg is 6.5 miles so I'm excited to run truly for fun and for an easy distance. Here's to an easy running week and low-key race weekend with my mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment