Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Dear Alice

Dear Alice,

I love you, but I also love sleep. Help me out a little bit.

Love,
Mama

.............

For about a month, we enjoyed full nights sleeps. After Alice's second month birthday, she eased into a nighttime routine that involved an early bedtime and early wake up. I'm fine with an early wakeup if it includes uninterrupted sleep. After about a month, bedtime became a struggle, as did sleeping stretches of more than a couple hours. Getting up four or five times during the night is now the norm, and it is really starting to take a toll on me. I'm pretty sure the lack of sleep is related to this stressed out, overwhelmed feeling I've had so often lately. She gets up, sometimes eats, then it's a struggle to get her to go back to sleep in the crib. Here's hoping things turn around soon. Tonight she went to bed at 7:00 and it's now 11:00 and already has gotten up twice. I'm not sure how much more I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment