Thursday, September 6, 2012

Patience

Two weeks ago we started potty training Jack. I brought him to J.C. Penney and let him pick out the tackiest new underwear he could find. He picked Thomas the Train. We came home, I put them on him and then he used the toilet. This would be the only time he successfully went to the bathroom over the course of the next few days. I don't know what I thought, but I didn't think it would be so challenging.. or messy.

Now, two weeks later, he's doing much better. Patience. Things take time. I have a tendency to be completely impatient. I don't like waiting and sometimes (a lot of the time) I expect things to happen now. I'm trying to practice more patience. Especially with myself. I can't get so down on myself because I don't look that way I think I should right now. It will take time and I need to be okay with that. I think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment