Tuesday, September 4, 2012

4 Miler

Yesterday I had the luxury of going for a run by myself, and this time I was able to complete the run by running two miles, walking a quarter, running one mile, walking a quarter then running the rest. I am pretty happy about this. It's hard not to get discouraged when I used to be able to run this same route in 38 minutes, and now it takes me almost 50, but I'm trying to stay positive. With each run, my muscles feel a little bit stronger and my breathing a little more under control, which I'm thankful for.

One of the toughest obstacles I'm facing right now, whether it's related to running or day-to-day life, is this new physical body. Things are different. My running clothes are all too tight, I have to double up on jog bras and it seems like every square inch of my body jiggles with every step I take. I know I just had a healthy baby and that's all that matters, but it's hard to feel good about myself leaving the house almost eight weeks postpartum still in maternity clothes or clothes three sizes bigger than I was in before I was pregnant. I'm hoping that by continuing to get out there and run, my confidence will get the boost it needs.

1 comment:

  1. You shouldn't be self conscious! You are amazing! I cannot wait for us to run together! I have missed our runs so much. Maybe we can do a run/walk/run/walk date soon?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete