Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Miles To Come

There was one item that helped me fall into love with running after I had Jack, and at the same time fostered a special bond between Jack and I: our jogging stroller. I purchased it out of necessity, most times it was the only way I could get out for a run. I grew to love running with Jack, and he seemed to love it back. We shared so many conversations (well, he was a late talker so he mostly listened) over countless miles over two years. I grew a stronger runner than I ever thought possible thanks to pushing it.

When we found out number two was coming along, I knew I'd need a double, but I did not want to give up the single. As silly as it sounds, I had grown so attached to this stroller and the memories that went along with it. We ran in the sun, snow or rain. We ran along the lake and by the coast in Maine.

After one of our first runs together

Our first race together- ran with GMR!

A chilly winter run





Playing at the waterfront after a beautiful run on the bikepath









We even went for bike rides









Taking a bike break with Grandma

We rode our bike to a bar :)




While hunkered down during Irene, he wanted to go for a run

Back from one of our first runs with Alice (in my belly)

I bit the bullet and sold it. I even cried a little (really).
He insisted on riding in it when we were going to meet the woman who bought it
Then we bit the bullet and bought a double, and I'm so glad we did.



I can't wait for all the miles the three (maybe four- I'm trying to convince Adam he wants to run) of us will share together!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you mama!! It's hard to part with items with so many special memories attached to it! So proud of you for hitting the pavement again!

    ReplyDelete