Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sick Day

I'm home from work today with a sick baby. Adam's mom, Grammy, usually watches Jack on Wednesdays, and although she is more than capable of taking care of him when he's sick (much more capable than me, actually- she's a nurse), I couldn't bear to leave him. He wasn't feeling well yesterday, either, and he was just waking up when I was leaving for work and I could hear him calling "Mommy!" from the crib as I walked out the door. It broke my heart.

It's hard to believe it was a year ago we were dealing with this. I'll never forget when one of the ER nurses told me that she loves the cuddles she gets from her kids when they're sick. I just kept thinking, I'd rather have a healthy baby. Or maybe I'm just spoiled, I get snuggles when he feels fine.


I knew last night that I would be staying home with him today, unless for some reason he miraculously felt better this morning. And even though I knew school would be fine without me, I couldn't help but feel guilty for calling in sick. Jack saw the doctor today and they want to see him again tomorrow if the fever doesn't break by morning.
.....
In pregnancy news, I met with a doctor yesterday for my 30 week appointment. We had the VBAC talk, and as of now, it looks like something I'm a good candidate for. The big factor is the baby's size, if we have another ten pound baby on our hands, it's definitely not going to happen. Weight gain and measurements are right on track, so right now everything looks good.
I think it's time to start pulling the baby stuff out of storage and install the carseat. And get Jack out of the crib. It's a little overwhelming thinking of everything that has to be done before the baby arrives, but I know it will happen.

1 comment:

  1. That does suck to go to work when your kid is sick and just wants to be with you. and it sucks that we have to feel guilty about calling into work to take care of a sick kid. Hope the little guy feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete