Sunday, February 12, 2012

Operation: Nesting

Any woman who has been pregnant knows that nesting is real. And when it hits, it hits hard. I'm currently in full-blown nesting overhaul-overload gear and no closet, drawer or shelf is safe. I need to remember to tackle ONE project at a time: I tend to start cleaning out drawers, organizing files, sorting the closet all at the same time, which just creates a huge mess. So, my first order of business is the laundry area.

Our townhouse is small, so it really is important to maximize the space we do have. Especially with another family member due to be joining us in 21 weeks.

The laundry area is no exception, and I think the space on the shelf above could be used so much better. But, thanks to Pinterest, it can't just be functional: it has to look pretty, too (Adam says I've spent more time "researching" how I'm going to organize than how long it will actually take).

So here's the before, and here's hoping that by this time next week I'll have an "after."

1 comment:

  1. I had a love/hate with nesting. Now I wish I would nest a little just to get my house more organized again, but I don't want to get preggers just to do it :)

    ReplyDelete