Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap

Happy Leap Day! I'm sure none of you care, but here's a little tidbit that I'd thought I'd share because I thought it was neat: I was born on a Friday in a leap year, and this year my birthday (February 17) was on a Friday, and it is a leap year. Interesting?

I celebrated vacation by running in the middle of the day- it was glorious. I ran five miles on the treadmill, and it was the type of run that started off slow. I had to stop after one mile to use the bathroom, and then when I got back on it was hard to get going again. But, by the time I hit five miles I wasn't ready to stop. I guess this is why I love half marathons.

I know I'm crazy thinking about my next half marathon, but I am. A couple weeks ago I was talking to my soul sister about races. She is running her first full marathon this spring, and of course I announced I plan to run my first full next spring. I can't wait to cheer her on! I then decided that I'm going to run Leaf Peepers Half Marathon this October. First, Melissa told me I was crazy. Then she said she'd run it with me, and we'd run it for fun. I'm going to hold her to it. It's definitely a leap, but I think if I don't hold myself to any time goals, it can be accomplished.

We have a playdate with a coworker of mine and her three-year-old daughter today, and I'm hoping to get a run in, too.

1 comment:

  1. If there is one thing that you can count on its that I will hold you to running leap peepers with me. It is not a LEAP of faith at all. we will do it and who knows, maybe you will even get a new PR...crazier things have happened!!!! Cannot wait for our next run together. I just need to kick this cold as I don't want to get you, Jack or Baby Stoner sick :) PS would you find out the gender already??!?!?!

    ReplyDelete