Thursday, November 7, 2013

Core Barre

I tried a new-to-me class at work today, Core Barre. I've really been wanting to try this style class since they've become popular but haven't wanted to shell out the dough. They added it to our schedule at work and I finally got in! There's a 6 participant per class so it often has a waitlist. It was a ton of leg and core work with tiny pulses that really burned. The classes at work are 50 minutes instead of an hour so I wished the teacher went a little quicker without so much downtime between exercises to get the most out of the shortened time. It was a really fun class and definitely want to do another one. But maybe not with this same instructor. At the end of class she asked me when I was due. I was like, huh? Me? Then I got teary and stormed out. I was actually really offended especially after just admiring myself in the mirror thinking that things were looking like they were getting back to normal ha. I'm excited to keep experimenting with different classes during this downtime between official race training. Spoiler alert, I have a spring full marathon on my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment