Monday, September 30, 2013

Marathon Training Weeks 16 & 17

Clearly all this running has left me spent but, yes, I did complete weeks 16 and 17 of marathon training. They looked a little something like this:

Week 16
Monday: 5 miles with Mom - 50:10
Tuesday: 5 miles - 52:30
Wednesday: 6 miles - 1:00:28
Thursday: Reformer Pilates, 5 miles with Alice in the jogger - 54:50
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 12 ridiculously windy miles - 2:05
Sunday: 1/2 mile Jack for his first race!!! Then 4 miles with Jack and Alice in the jogger - 44:07.

This gave me 38 miles for the week, which was slightly more than the schedule called for because of the five miler thrown in on Monday left over from the weekend.

Week 17
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 4.15 miles - 41:13
Wednesday: 5 miles - 52:02
Thursday: 4 miles - 38:25
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 3 miles - 31:15
Sunday: 8 miles - 1:24

24 miles total! I was so ready for taper time and am pretty impressed with myself that I made it through this training cycle. I guess it's not actually complete until I cross the finish line.

Most of my recent runs have been alone in preparation for the five hours I'll be running solo on Sunday. And now, the week of the marathon is here and my nerves are starting to get the best of me. I know I'm well prepared and want to make sure I enjoy all of the journey, but really I just can't wait to have that medal around my neck.

This closes out the month with 154 miles! Again, it's all relative, but that's a lot for me.

1 comment:

  1. I happened upon Jack's birth story. It was so awesome to see that he was still intact!
    Even today, in this modern world, 50% of babies boys in the USA are, at birth, subjected to genital mutilation. They are circumcised. It is brutal. I was so proud of you when I see his picture and that you had protected your son from partial penis amputation. There is no right way to unnecessarily cut up a baby!

    ReplyDelete