Saturday, August 4, 2012

Goals

This past winter, while pregnant, I decided my goal race was going to be Leaf Peeper's Half Marathon on October 7. Then, I made it official and registered. Well, here we are, August 4 and the race is a mere nine weeks away. At this point, I have no idea if I will be half marathon ready in this amount of time, and really I won't get the go ahead to run from my midwife to run for three more weeks. I am okay to walk now, so for the next couple weeks I'm going to make every effort to get out and walk then slowly incorporate some running. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I signed up for this, but the last thing I want to do is get hurt. I'm obviously not worried about time- it's about finishing and I think I'm going to try to train to 10 or 11 miles. Luckily the entry fee was only $30, so I'm going to reassess in couple weeks to decide if it makes more sense to drop to the 5K. 


No comments:

Post a Comment