Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sleep Habits


She's lucky she's cute, because this little girl is testing me. I'm usually reluctant to talk about baby sleep habits when things are going well for fear that I'll jinx myself. Well, nighttime sleep with Alice can't possibly get any worse so here it goes. The sleeping through the night stopped about four months ago (it was short lived). After successfully working with her to go down for naps and bedtime while still awake and putting herself to sleep, I was hopeful. She naps okay, sometimes they're short but most of the time she sleeps fine during the day- it's the night that is the problem. She usually goes down fine, sometimes going into the crib completely awake and talking herself to sleep. Sometimes there are tears, and sometimes I'm too tired so I nurse her to sleep. All these scenarios tend to have the same result: multiple wakings during the night.

It's 9:30 now,  she went to bed at 7 and has already been up twice. The first time, I tried to soothe her in the crib without picking her up, but that was a bust so she nursed and went back to sleep. Just now she woke up again and cried for a minute then went back to sleep. I feel like I've tried everything. I've consistently been playing music during the night for background noise in hopes that outside noises won't wake her up. But she's still waking up and the music is grating so I just decided to stop that tonight. When I go to bed, I usually have an hour or two before she's up again.

I hate to complain, but I just don't know what to do. I'm tired! She's eating solid foods now, which I thought would help but offered not change. Any tips from you mamas for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment