Sunday, December 16, 2012

12.14.12

I heard the news of what happened in Newtown, Connecticut before I left work on Friday. Crying on the way home, I couldn't get there fast enough to hold Jack and Alice. I couldn't hug them tight enough. The events that occurred are so gruesome that I (along with everyone else) can't seem to wrap my head around it. Working in a kindergarten classroom myself, I cannot comprehend the chaos that must have gone on and I can't help but wonder how I might act in that situation. I'm sure every person walking into a school tomorrow, whether they are a student or staff, are thinking the same thing.

I'm not one to talk politics, and I know I don't have the answer, but this is ridiculous. It's not just gun control that needs to be reformed, but something in our society needs to change. I read somewhere to just love, and that's what I'm going to do. Being scared and angry won't help or change anything.

It's amazing how a tragedy puts everything into perspective. As a mom this weekend, I was so aware. Aware of every little giggle made by Alice, and every little comment that came out of Jack's mouth. Everything else seemed so insignificant. Savoring every single moment, because, as cliche as it is, you never know when it will be your last.

No comments:

Post a Comment