Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wifteen Wednesday

Hi friends! We've missed you! Apparently, I like to stay busy. I thought I'd fill you in with what I've been up to with a "Thirteen Thursday," but then I realized it's only Wednesday, so I made up a W number (don't tell my kindergartners).

1. Last week, while Jack and I were out for a run, an older man flagged me down. He and his wife were staying at the hotel next to Al's (you might remember my love affair with Al's).

"Hello, sorry to bother you, but my wife and I are from out-of-town and were wondering if this (pointing to Al's) is an okay place to eat?"

"Um, heck yes." I think things got a little uncomfortable when I began salivating after raving about the corn dogs for five minutes straight. I think I convinced him. I'll take my free corn dogs for life now, Al.

2. I finally check out my race photos from Leaf Peeper's Half Marathon. And I'm in love. It's the first time I've actually considered ordering a print. But, at $8 for one 5x7, not gonna happen.




For Leaf Peeper's, I bought a pair of Lululemon Run: Inspire crops. I loved them- the length, fit and storage (a zipper pocket in the back and two pockets in the front). But by the time the race was over, the stitching had unraveled completely- and on non friction spots (like my calves- if it had been my inner thighs, well that's another story). They just didn't seem like Lulu quality. I exchanged them for another pair- had to get black because they were all out of grey- and this new pair seems much better. I'm thinking they're going to make an appearance on Sunday.

3. On Sunday, I'm running another half marathon. I'm nervous, because every run this week has been a struggle- with both my body and mind. I'm hoping just to have fun and enjoy the race. I don't want to get greedy and expect another PR.

4. I just discovered 30 Rock on Netflix, and I'm obsessed. It's hysterical!

5. Jack went trick-or-treating for the first time this Halloween, and he had a blast! I need to upload and edit the photos, but I will post them ASAP. He was a train conductor and after a couple houses, really got into the swing of things. He was pretty upset when we rang a doorbell and no one came to the door. He started looking in the windows and didn't want to leave the porch. Boy wanted his candy (takes after his Mama).

6. My sugar intake is at an all-time high. Maybe this has something to do with my awful runs.

7. My mother-in-law called tonight to tell me that she booked a beach house in Maine again! August 11, I'm looking forward to you.

8. My baby turns two in less than a month. I can't believe how fast these two years have flown by. While running (solo) today, I listened to Michael Buble, and "I Just Haven't Met You Yet" came on. I listened to this song while I was pregnant, and I have to say, I shed a few tears. Love that song.

I think that's all I have for now.




1 comment:

  1. I think I have that top. The restaurant where I work has shrimp corn dogs.

    ReplyDelete