Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 2 Marathon Training

Even though I technically only started the 18 week marathon training a week ago, it just so happened "Week 1" was pretty much the exact week I had ran already. It was meant to be.
We'll see how long this lasts, but I hope to recap each week of training in addition to any posts during the week (ha) about specific runs. I'm sure it will serve me well when I'm in taper mode, freaking out, going over my training plans. So here it is, week two of Marathon training!
  • Monday:
    Reformer Pilates
    I had been taking this class regularly through the winter and then stopped because it was "too easy." I quickly noticed my running was suffering and now have been making a habit to go back. It works well with my plan with Monday being a cross-training day.
  • Tuesday:
    Bodypump
    Kicked my butt. whoa.
    3 miles after work, in the rain
  • Wednesday:
    5 miles at lunch with two coworkers. This run felt really awesome - we went at a nice pace and ended up averaging 9:29. That paces makes me feel speedy but the workout didn't completely eat me up. Progress?
  • Thursday:
    3 miles at lunch, solo.
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday:
    5 miles with this view:

    It was tough - I mean, I was pushing over 75 pounds, but ran the first mile in 10:58 and the other four 10:20, 10:20, 10:20, 10:18.
  • Sunday:
    10 miles with the diva

    She was pretty congenial throughout the run but boy was it tough! We went on a super hilly route and the wind was intense. I knew going into it that I wasn't properly hydrated and ended up paying for it a little bit in the afternoon. I'm sure all the bacon I ate as soon as we got home didn't help. I completed the run in 1:50, including several stops to give Alice a toy, give Alice a bottle, give Alice my phone to play with...

So there it is! 26 miles for the week. Week two down, 16 to go. I'm still at the stage where I'm giddily excited about being registered and not quite scared yet. I'm sure I'll get there soon enough, for now, I'm going to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment