Saturday, June 29, 2013

I thought I learned my lesson.

After last week's blazing hot run, I vowed not to run midday anymore. Today I headed out for my planned six mile run at 11:30 and it was HOT! I ran four (hilly hilly hilly) miles with Jack and Alice in the jogger to my mom's new house. It's three miles there but I looped around to make it four so that I'd only have two to do after. Clearly math isn't my strong point because we still live three miles away so I ended up running seven miles. I took a few walk breaks during that last mile and for sure walked up the steep hill in our neighborhood. Melissa and I are planning on 11 tomorrow. I just mapped out a new - and flat - route. It's sort of similar to my go-to long run route that always keeps me a couple of miles from home but this one goes in the reverse direction. I'm anxious to do it - I think I'll feel more comfortable about the Mad Half next weekend once I have a run longer than ten miles (since my last half in May) under my belt.

2 comments:

  1. Mad half is HILLY!! I did it the first year. The good thing is the last 4 or so miles are downhill :)
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did the half two years ago, their first year and so I think knowing how hilly it is I am getting more nervous. The first year a had naivety on my side :)

      Delete