Sunday, February 2, 2014

Benchmark

Not all runs are blog worthy, certainly not a boring three miles I struggled through on the treadmill. I'd like to forget that. 

When I first started running, I had my signature 5 mile loop. It was fairly flat with a small incline at the end. On a good day, it would take me an hour. There were certain spots along the way where I would check my watch to see where I was at. My mind was blown when I got my Garmin and found out it was in fact 4.5 miles. I was running slower than 12 minute miles.

We moved in August so when heading for a run from the gym yesterday, I knew I could do my old loop. I added extra on to make it a true 5 miles and completed it in 46 minutes. 46 minutes! This isn't fast by some standards, but for this runner who consistently logged 12 minute miles for years, it is. 

1 comment: