Thursday, January 30, 2014

Goodbye January

I'm so ready to bid farewell to January. New Years Day, Alice and I came down with a nasty stomach bug and every day since then at least one member in the household has been sick. The latest round included Jack's ear infection, a cold and teething for Alice, flu for Adam, and more stomach bugs for me. What the?? I've managed to not let it cramp my style too much in terms of training so here's what week 1 (eek!) of marathon training looked like.

Monday: 3 miles + 90 mins vinyasa yoga
Tuesday: Fitness Infusion class
Wednesday: 5 treadmill miles
Thursday: Kickboxing
Friday: Rest 
*taught yoga at work, still calling it a rest day.
Saturday: 5 cold ass windy miles
Sunday: 8 evening treadmill miles

21 running miles + 4 cross training

Fridays will be my rest days even, though I teach yoga. It's pretty low key so I think it works. Plus I have a few Fridays off coming up so there's that. I'm taking advantage if swapping out some easier 3 milers with cardio-based classes at work for now. I know in a few weeks I'll need to focus on purely running - a ton of it - and I'm hoping this strategy will give me a strong base.

No comments:

Post a Comment