Friday, May 20, 2011

World's Best Banana Muffins

As most of you know, I am no aficionado of the kitchen. I lack the skills and the passion. Every once in a while I get the urge to whip something up- sometimes it's good, sometimes not so much. I often get frustrated when I try to make something because Adam will constantly give me tips and I think he's trying to take over (when he's actually just trying to help).

Banana Muffins: I don't remember where I initially found the recipe, but I have used it for a few years now and have tweaked it a little bit. It's the one thing Adam will beg me to make and when I do, he stays out of the kitchen.

We always put past-their-prime bananas in the freezer to save for a rainy day. That rainy day is today. The crumble topping makes these muffins. Amazing!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baing soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter

Makes 12 Muffins

Optionals:
vanilla
walnuts
chocolate chips
And anything else you can think of!

STEP 1:
Oven to 375 degrees
Grease baking tins

STEP 2:
Combine first four ingredients (flour, BS, BP and salt)


STEP 2:
In another bowl, combine next four ingredients (bananas, white sugar, egg and melted butter). Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture. Add optionals (i.e. vanilla, walnuts, chocolate chips- today I just added vanilla)





STEP 3:
Mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon and cut into butter



STEP 4:
Pour batter into muffin tins, then add crumble mixture to the top. Bake 18-20 minutes.



The picture doesn't do them justice- trust me!


Here's the nutrition stats for these babies:
(With optional add-ins)

209 calories / 6 grams of fat

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment