Friday, May 13, 2011

Creemee Season

I was very proud of my new header this afternoon (I'm technologically challenged) and I showed Adam. "Why isn't there a picture of me?" he asked. "I'm always left out!" I guess I need to change the pictures to include one of the husband. I think I'll swap out the one of me running it the rain- it's not looking so hot.

On my way to meet Melissa this afternoon, I saw this:
Please excuse my dusty dashboard


Whoa, 83 degrees. Granted, this was sitting in traffic in the sun. It wasn't that warm on the waterfront, probably 75 degrees.

Jack and I met Melissa and Sirius and set out. Sirius reminded me a lot of Jack. Like the way when he saw something along the way that intrigued him, he had to stop and check it out. It was really cute. If Jack wasn't buckled down he'd have to check out everything along the way.

I have to say, I was a little nervous to run with Melissa because she is speedy and I had the jogger. Once we got going I felt great. It was such a nice run and the time flew by having someone to chat with. We ended up running (together) 5.5 miles (she ran a total of 9) and our splits averaged 9:57 (9:57 looks better than 10:00). I can't wait for our next running date! She said she felt like a blind date meeting under the Eiffel Tower, haha. Maybe next time both of our nerves will have calmed down a little bit.


Happy Baby


I told Jack he could have a treat for being so good all afternoon so we walked up the hill to get creemees, but their power was out so we had to get hard ice cream. He loves creemees, but isn't sure about regular ice cream.

I say creemee. I don't like "soft serve!" What do you say? When we were on vacation in South Carolina, we went to an ice cream stand and I asked for a creemee, and they were like, "Huh?!?"

2 comments:

  1. Creemee is def a vermont or new england thing. Outside of VT no one knows what the flip a creemee is. We are so cool, we make up our own rules and words! hahaha. I had a blast running with you guys! We definitely need to do it again and more often! Looking forward to next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the word "cremee" but I do looove some soft serve, custard, shakes, ok any cold, frozen, sugary drink.

    ReplyDelete