Saturday, August 13, 2011

Why I Run

When I first started running, I preferred to run alone. If I wasn't running on the treadmill, I was outside, hitting the pavement solo. I was afraid to run with others, afraid I was too slow, couldn't keep up and hold them back.

I have grown as a runner and woman, to love running with others. In the past year, Melissa and I have connected through running and become great friends outside of running. Running together isn't just about the running. She called us "sole sisters." I like that. Running with friends enables you to connect and relate, as you spit out mumbles of words through huffs and puffs as you're powering up a hill. It's good for you mind and body.

Yesterday we ran and the miles passed fast. Sometimes we talk and sometimes we don't, but having a friend right there next to you during a run is a wonderful feeling.

And, she makes me run fast!

2 comments:

  1. Running with a friend always makes the time go by faster! Makes the run more fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our runs and our half coherent words between huffs and puffs!

    ReplyDelete