Monday, August 29, 2011

Irene

Irene came through yesterday, but for us in South Burlington it was rather uneventful. Southern Vermont, on the other hand, experienced some devastating flooding.

The restaurant decided to close on Sunday, so Adam was home and the three of us just hung out all day. It was pouring rain all day, and Jack kept going over to the jogger and getting in it (he now knows how to climb in himself). He wanted to run!
Towards the afternoon, we all started to get a little stir crazy, and I started practicing yoga, but so many distractions made it a little difficult. I ended up doing some work with my new eight-pound irons. I finally bought some free weights, since I don't have a gym membership anymore I've been slacking in the weights department.

I did make Adam take a few yoga photos for me of some of my favorite poses.
Warrior Sequence was a little difficult with sore quads from the 10 miler


.....

Today was a long day, inservice, open house and barbecue with all the school families. It was tiring but makes me so excited to start the school year! I can't wait to get to know my 26 kindergartners.

And I came home to this:

They are so cute. Day off tomorrow- we're off to the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment