Thursday, April 14, 2011

First Run (number two)

I ran outside with the new sneakers, Brooks Ravenna 2, for the first time tonight. My first impression was that they felt too big, too big in length and width. After about the second mile they felt better. I will definitaly give them a few more runs before making any sort of decision. I don't want to be "that person" who brings fifty pairs of running shoes back before finding the right pair.

The run was great. I felt really strong and tried to focus on my breath and form. I ran by feel and didn't wear a watch. I wanted to stay at the point where I felt like I was pushing myself, but not going all out. I did use LogYourRun (I kept my iPhone in the back pocket of my capris) and according to LogYourRun, I ran 5.6 miles. I thought the loop was longer, and according to USATF's Map It it was 5.85 miles. Which one is correct? Hmmm... Maybe it's time to sell some of my 35 pairs of jeans and buy a Garmin.

I'm getting very excited for the half marathon at the end of May. I'm feeling confident in my training and hope the good health continues. I've been thinking about goals lately, what goals I have for this race. Ideally, I'd like to PR. My current PR is from my 4th and last half marathon. I have run two halves since I had Jack, and the second was 20 minutes faster than the first. I'm not expecting to shave that amount of time again this time, but I'd like to get a few minutes on my side.

1 comment:

  1. just found your blog... so cute. jack is adorable and i can't believe you're running so much with a little one! keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete