Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yoga Playlist

It's nap time in our house.
This boy is growing too fast! His long sleeve shirts are now 3/4

Transitioning from two (or three) naps a day has worked pretty well for us. He used to nap once in the am, a couple hours after getting up, and then in the late afternoon. Now, J usually goes down around 1:00 and sleeps anywhere from one to three hours.

He was pretty tuckered out even though he slept until 8:30 (came into bed with us at 5:30) this morning. He did some serious exploring in the back yard. He would have stayed outside for hours but it started to get chilly.

I taught yoga this morning. I teach a vinyasa style class. That being said, I don't follow any particular rules or practice. My training is in Ashtanga, so I guess I loosely base classes on this theory of practice. I take yoga seriously, but that being said, I don't take my class seriously. I usually put my iPod on shuffle, don't plan the class and just go with the flow. There are so many things in life that are so rigid and planned, that I love to just feel out the energy of the class and see where it takes us. I think yoga is about having fun and I honestly have so much fun making up the class as I go along. It's never the same class twice. Some days we do more strenuous poses, and some days, like today, focus on stretching and strengthening.

Here is the playlist that we ended up with today:

Fairytale by Sara Bareilles
Tied Down by Colbie Caillat
Be OK by Ingrid Michaelson
White Houses by Vanessa Carlton
Hundred by The Fray
Better That We Break by Maroon 5
Wordplay by Jason Mraz
I'm Gonna Find Another You by John Mayer
Heal Over by KT Tunstall
OK, It's Alright With Me by Eric Hutchinson
Breakable by Ingrid Michaelson
Oh, It Is Love by Hellogoodbye
Come Round Soon by Sara Bareilles
Midnight Bottle by Colbie Caillat
Knock 'Em Out by Lily Allen
Secret by Maroon 5
You and I Both by Jason Mraz
Vienna by The Fray
You Are The Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne
Shy That Way by Tristan Prettyman
Comfortable by John Mayer
Morningside by Sara Bareilles
Dreams Be Dreams by Jack Johnson
Rewind by Paolo Nutini

Please don't judge me by my choice in music. I did have to skip forward to a new song at one point during class today. I don't think anyone besides myself would have wanted to vinyasa to Eminem.

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture... his hair and how his mouth is. I love kids when they are asleep on their side. Your music is totally outside the box, now I really want to make it to your class! I thought you were going to say that the yoga playlist is what Jack fell asleep to :) Happy Saturday Danni. xo

    ReplyDelete