Thursday, July 25, 2013

Marathon Training Week 7

Week 7 Marathon training completed! This was a high mileage week and I struggled through many of the runs. We went through a heat wave where it was 90+ degrees almost everyday and even hot in the early morning hours.
  • Monday: 4 miles before work
  • Tuesday: 7 miles before work
  • Wednesday: 4 miles before work
  • Thursday: Rest
  • Friday: 7 miles before work {super slow and really wanted to quit several times but happy I didn't}
  • Saturday: 14 miles! Went late in the day and it was really hot but was prepared with a hat and fuel belt. I took it slow and stopped to refill water two times. I struggle with long runs for the first half, but once I got to mile 7, my mind was finally in it. I finished feeling like I could have kept going, which was a good ego boost.
  • Sunday: Rest
After several difficult runs during the week, I'm happy with how the long run went. I had a busy week and weekend (worked all day Sunday) and was dreading the long run, not knowing how I would fit it in. Once it was done, I felt like a rockstar, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment