Wednesday, February 22, 2012

20 Weeks

Operation: Nesting {Laundry Edition} is going well. It's reorganized, but I haven't bought new baskets yet, which it's in desperate need of, so it's not quite complete. I also organized all baby clothes by size and put them away (with newborn and three month size on top!) in labeled plastic bins.

.....

Today marks the 20th week of pregnancy. I can't believe I'm at the halfway point. When I was going through baby clothes, I started to get really excited. Lately it's been the opposite- I've been anxiety ridden. Nervous that we won't be able to handle a second child, that Jack won't get the attention he needs, childcare, that our home is too small and we won't have enough room, etc. Anxious about anything and everything. Excitement is taking over, which is a welcome feeling. Each day I'm feeling more and more confident about Adam and I raising a second child.

As far as pregnancy ailments go, I'm feeling pretty good. Dry, itchy skin is driving me nuts, though. My skin was similar when I was pregant with Jack. I have limited willpower, especially at night, and when I scratch and scratch it just can't get any better. Ok, this is gross, sorry.

Weight gain is at nine pounds and I'm almost completely in maternity clothes. I'm still able to wear some of my non-maternity pants because I have the type of body type that causes a gap at the back of my waistband of pants- side effect of fitting my thick thighs and butt first, waist last. And because of this I've got a little extra room in my pants.

I'm definitely slowing down when it comes to running, having to take more walking breaks now. But I'm going to keep plugging away at it, though. Everything feels good while I'm running, and after, so I'm going to keep at it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed that you have kept up running. I hope to be like you when I'm pregnant again!

    ReplyDelete